Format of the show:
1. I ran a message test on their Pandadoc for Marketers page - to see how that page lands on their ICP - marketers.
2. I analyzed the results,
3. and had a go at how I'd improve the page based on the data.
Overall page scores:
So there's room to improve both in terms of clarity as well as making it more compelling.
Top identified issues:
- They're not leading with the strongest possible value proposition, interest to keep reading is mediocre
- Many didn't get the pain point/problem they're solving, need to do more to sell the problem
- The use cases weren't immediately clear
- Some thought it was a document creation service, not a product
- Some paragraphs too long, some subheads too vague
- It's not crystal clear why choose them either over the status quo (e.g. pdfs) or other competitive products
- certain words trigger people and take the attention off the main thing
Knowing exactly what the issues are, I took a stab at how I'd re-write some of the parts. Of course, my suggestions are not guaranteed to work.
Message testing and getting to optimal messaging is an iterative process: test, re-write, test, re-write -- until you get to copy that's clear, compelling, and relevant.